Pierre Ménés will be tried in Paris on Wednesday for “sexual assault”, which allegedly took place after the PSG-Nantes match on November 20 in Paris. He is also summoned on Wednesday to explain the so-called “Nike” affair.
Former stellar football publicist Pierre Menes, who left Canal + after airing a documentary on sexism in the spring of 2021, will be tried in Paris on Wednesday for “sexually assaulted” against whom he fights hard. At the end of the PSG-Nantes match on November 20 in Paris, the hostess at the Parc des Princes reported sexual assault to the police, for which Pierre Ménès (58) would be responsible, without filing a complaint.
According to Parisian, he would touch this woman’s chest. He was placed in police custody on December 9 and released the same evening. He denied the allegations. He is summoned before a Paris criminal court on Wednesday to answer it, as well as the so-called “Nike” case.
“Six reviews is clear, Pierre Ménés”
In an article published in March 2021, Mediapart stated that Mr Ménès had been the subject of a “sexual assault” complaint lodged in October 2018 by an employee of a Parisian sports equipment manufacturer.
According to the location of the investigation, this complaint was rejected on January 17, 2019 after the law was reminded by the Paris Prosecutor’s Office, which is a criminal orientation that can be revised in the event of new facts. “My client is absolutely calm about the facts, which are not characterized at all, and we will show a slander that has damaged Mr Ménès’ honor and respect,” his lawyer Arash Derambarsh told AFP.
Regarding the sexual assault he is accused of at the Parc des Princes, the lawyer said in December that he had “six testimonies that clarify Pierre Ménés.” There is no “complaint, no evidence, no sacrifice, no beginning of the slightest photograph, video or testimony” in this file, the council argues, referring to “legal aberration”.
Pierre Ménés lodged a complaint for defamatory statements and submitted three witness statements “unanimously confirming that (he spent) by their side all the time as soon as he arrived for the cocktail in the locker room, during the match and the post-match cocktail”, according to this complaint consulted AFP.
At the end of March 2021, after accusations of sexual assault, the former stellar publicist of the Canal football club left the encrypted channel on July 1, ending almost twelve years of cooperation. This departure followed the broadcast on Canal + of a documentary about sexism in sports newsrooms and the revelation of incriminated sequences, edited during editing at the request of the channel suspected of its protection.
Pierre Ménés is particularly accused of lifting his skirt out of the air in 2016 Mary Portolano, co – director of the documentary. The journalist, who did not file a complaint at the material time, was questioned by police last April as part of an investigation launched by the Paris prosecutor’s office.
Pierre Ménés assured that he would not remember the incident due to serious health problems at the time: non-alcoholic cirrhosis, which weaned him from filming for seven months and required a double liver and kidney transplant. He is also criticized for forcibly kissing journalist Isabelle Moreau on television in 2011 and publicist Francesca Antoniotti in 2016.
These facts took place before the #MeToo wave broke out. Since then, he has launched Cyril Hanoun’s show at C8 “we can’t say anything anymore, we can’t do anything anymore.” However, Mr Ménès expressed “deep regret”. In eleven years of working with Canal +, he says he was summoned only once in 2018 to “calm down” his “thoughts,” and that he was warned last year for an unauthorized interview on Youtube. In October, the publicist launched a digital platform dedicated to football with Reworld Media, the “Pierrot Football Club”.