Posts to this live watch are activated between 9:00 and 21:00 Paris time.
- Ukrainian president in Donbas. On Sunday, June 5, Volodymyr Zelensky visited his troops at the front in the east of the country, where the war against Russian forces is raging, he announced in a video published on social networks. “We were in Lyssytchansk, we were in Soledar”, said the leader, who went to the command posts of these sites near Sievierodonetsk. He also went to Zaporozhye. There he met the people of Mariupol, who managed to escape.
- Zaporozhye region will be 60% controlled by the Russian army. According to the military governor of the region, Oleksander Starouch, the Zaporozhye region in southeastern Ukraine is mostly in the hands of Moscow forces.
- MÁ SivierodoneckEach camp has declared progress on earth over the past twenty-four hours. Russia’s defense ministry said on Saturday that Ukrainian troops were withdrawing from the city, “Suffered critical losses in combat”. Ukrainian forces responded by saying they were trying to regain full control of the city before Luhansk Governor Serhi Haidai gained control of half of Sievierodonetsk on Sunday night.
- Moscow attacked Kyiv in surprise. The Ukrainian capital, which was regaining the appearance of normal life, was hit by several Russian strikes at dawn on Sunday, the first since the end of April. “I heard about six explosions at 5:57.”, Natalia, 72, who was awakened by the shelling, told Agence France-Presse. One of the injured was hospitalized, said Kiev Mayor Vitaly Klitschko in the Telegram.
- In region Khersonwhere Ukraine is leading the counterattack, “Residents have left the village of Trudoliubivka” and Russian forces “Continue to bomb the occupied territories and positions of the Ukrainian army”assured the Ukrainian presidency and warned of an increasingly urgent humanitarian crisis in Russian-dominated areas.
- Also in the south of Kyiv reported that a Russian missile hit a farm in the main portOdessa. According to initial information, the attack was caused by two “victims”. MÁ Mykolaivthe mayor announced the deaths of at least three civilians after the Russian bombing.
- The United Kingdom will supply Ukraine with new rocket launchers. After Washington, the British Ministry of Defense announced on Monday that it would provide Ukraine with rocket launchers with a range of 80 kilometers to face the Russian offensive. These multiple launch missile systems (M270 MLRS) will allow this“Significantly increase the capabilities of the Ukrainian forces”the ministry said in a statement.
- Ukraine’s top diplomat Dmytro Kuleba criticizes French President Emmanuel Macron’s pleas not to be “humiliated” Russiajudging that this position could only“humiliating France”.
- This was stated by the Chief of the General Staff of the United States, General Mark Milley the United States’ determination to support Sweden and Finland before their accession to NATOon board Kearsargethe largest US warship ever docked in Stockholm Harbor.
Watch our live broadcast yesterday here.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Factual. One of the main Ukrainian monasteries affected by the strikes in the Donbas
Testimonials. Ukrainian and Russian exiles in France: “We are preparing to leave for Boston. I would like to stay in France, but we do not speak that language. “
Decryption. Vladimir Putin’s promises to facilitate the export of Ukrainian wheat to Africa
Reportage. Donbass: Sievierodoneck, cut off from the world, is sinking
Maintenance. “Ukrainians want to go home, but they are afraid that everything will change again overnight”